Being a web developer doesn’t take much. Patience and potential are all and you got to be desperate for what you are doing. Unless you put much effort, you can’t build a website that actually starts making profit. Even without going too deep inside of coding or technical details of a website, you can make a website now. Previously it would take a professional web developer to make and maintain a website, now you can do it all by yourself. There are tools to make the journey way easier than it ever was. Even without a line of code a website could be deployed using software like WordPress or Thesis Theme. A website lies on a host and you have to pick it carefully. What should you consider before you buy a web host?
- Free domain: Getting a free domain name is easy. GoDaddy, 1and1 Internet etc. are domain providers but a free domain comes with almost all web hosting service providers. The paid domains charge the subscribers around $10-$15 per year and the rate stays same afterwards. But web hosts like Bluehost, HostGator etc. provide a domain free for first year, later for a specific rate. Look for a host that provides a free domain, maybe not for long but at least a year.
- Additional domains: A hosting plan basically provides space and resource for one domain. However, professional hosts allow more than one domain to host in their server and you can add up many later for a specific charge. The charges cost around $10. For attractive prices and offers, please check with BlueHost, HostGator etc. Maybe you don’t have plans for another website at this time, but it is safe to have added margin.
- Storage: On shared hosting packages, the bandwidth and storage you buy gets shared with other users online. After the greater division the speed could drastically decrease, also the storage space might not be available when you need it. Check what your host offers you. Even though there are nothing unlimited in practice, but a figure very high could relatively make it look unlimited. Always choose hosts with unlimited storage and bandwidth. HostGator also offers unlimited storage, checkout coupons for HostGator.
- After sales service: This could be a crucial point depending on the website owner’s expertise. Advanced web makers might not find it difficult to deal with problems that might arise during the website’s uptime, but the same occurrence could be devastating for a newbie. Make sure your host is going to provide guidance in these cases.
- WordPress integration: WordPress is a great tool for any website, especially blogs and personal websites. It provides instant modification and designing features. Using WordPress a whole website could be built without writing a single line of code; but however if you prefer writing codes you can proceed that way as well.
- Pricing: Don’t choose a plan that makes you break your bank. Choose suitable package. Shared hosts are the best option for beginners. Monthly $7-$10 should be enough expenditure for websites of this category. Don’t go for higher priced packages unless you really need one. If you want to try HostGator free for one month then use this HostGator 1 cent coupon.
Choosing a web host is a confusing decision to make. You should get a helpful guideline after you complete reading this.